Friday, August 13, 2010

Today is the start of my week long vacation and I am SO ready! Last week had it's ups and downs. My dear mother-in-law passed away; not unexpected but still sad. We had such a nice celebration for her. All nine children were there as well as 25 of 27 grandchildren and 24 of 27 great-grand children. What a legacy! On the up side I finished the Zephyr Shawl (at left) for my daughter's wedding. The color is "sage" and it is a beautiful combination of violet, lavender, sage green and (of course!) sequins. The yarn is a cotton, linen & rayon blend called SEA BREEZE from Great Adirondack; so it is a very light-weight. I have a couple of projects to start on my time off that I am excited about. Both are new yarns from Tahki Stacy Charles. The first is a lovely ruffled shawl using SUPERIOR (cashmere & silk) with a fun ruffled yarn called OPERADARTE. The second is a great furry neckwarmer made from COCCO a fun pom-pom on a string. The finished product is so elegant (and need I say it: warm???). I will chat with you in a week or so, if the grandkids haven't turned me into butter.

No comments: